Experience a slice of bliss with this Key Lime and Lemon Pie, where tangy citrus meets sweet indulgence. This pie combines the zest of limes and lemons with creamy condensed milk and a crunchy biscuit base for a dessert that’s refreshing, rich, and utterly delightful. It’s a simple yet elegant treat that’s bound to become a favorite for its harmonious blend of flavors and textures.
Why You’ll Love This: This Key Lime and Lemon Pie is the perfect balance of tangy and sweet, offering a refreshing twist with every bite. The creamy filling, enriched with egg yolks, sits beautifully on a buttery biscuit crust, making it irresistibly delicious. Whether you’re a citrus lover or just in search of a dessert that’s both easy to make and satisfying, this pie will not disappoint. Its simplicity, combined with the vibrant flavors of lime and lemon, makes it a hit for any occasion.
Perfect Occasion: Ideal for summer gatherings, picnics, or as a festive treat, this Key Lime and Lemon Pie is versatile enough for any event. It’s a wonderful way to end a meal on a high note or celebrate special moments with loved ones. This pie also makes a refreshing choice for holiday desserts or whenever you crave a bit of sunshine in a slice.
Decoration Tips: Garnish your Key Lime and Lemon Pie with whipped cream and lime slices for a classic finish. A sprinkle of lime zest or a few mint leaves can add a burst of color and enhance the pie’s fresh, citrusy aroma. For an extra touch of elegance, pipe the whipped cream around the edges or on top of the pie in decorative swirls.
Ingredients for the Base:
- 7 oz (200g) Maria-type cookies, crushed
- 3.5 oz (100g) melted butter
- 2 cans of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 6 egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C).
- Combine the crushed cookies and melted butter in a bowl. Press the mixture firmly into a pie dish, creating a crust along the sides and bottom. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, then bake for 10 minutes.
- For the filling, whisk together the lime juice, lemon juice, lime zest, condensed milk, and egg yolks until well blended.
- Pour the filling into the pre-baked crust, reduce the oven temperature to 320°F (160°C), and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool completely, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
To Serve: Decorate with whipped cream sweetened with a tablespoon of sugar and garnish with lime slices.
Enjoy this Key Lime and Lemon Pie, a dessert that promises a taste of happiness with every forkful. Enjoy!