Unleash the essence of autumn any time of the year with these Apple Pie Taquitos, a creative twist on the classic dessert that combines the comforting flavors of apple pie with the crispy texture of taquitos. Made with tender, spiced apple filling and wrapped in almond flour tortillas, these taquitos are a healthier, gluten-free alternative that doesn’t compromise on taste. Served with a velvety almond butter caramel sauce, each bite offers a perfect blend of sweetness, spice, and crunch. Whether you’re looking for a unique dessert for your next gathering or a special treat to enjoy at home, these apple pie taquitos are sure to impress.
Why You’ll Love This:
This recipe is a delightful fusion of classic and contemporary, bringing together the beloved flavors of apple pie in a fun, finger-food format. The use of almond flour tortillas not only caters to those following a gluten-free diet but also adds a nutty flavor that complements the apple filling beautifully. The homemade caramel sauce, made with almond butter and coconut milk, offers a healthier alternative to traditional caramel, without sacrificing creaminess or flavor. Easy to make and even easier to devour, these apple pie taquitos are a must-try for anyone who loves the warm, comforting taste of spiced apples.
These Apple Pie Taquitos are perfect for festive occasions, family gatherings, or as a novel dessert for holiday dinners. They’re also great for casual get-togethers, movie nights, or as a sweet treat to brighten up any day. Serve them as a dessert at your next potluck or bring them along to a picnic for a shareable snack that’s sure to be a hit.
For an extra touch of elegance, serve these apple pie taquitos on a platter, drizzled generously with the almond butter caramel sauce and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt. The contrast of the salt with the sweet caramel enhances the flavors and adds a gourmet twist. You can also garnish with a dusting of powdered sugar, a sprinkle of cinnamon, or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side for those who desire the ultimate dessert experience.
For the Apple Pie Filling:
- 4 apples, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- A pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder mixed with 2 tablespoons water
For the Caramel Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (or any milk of choice)
- Toss the diced apples with lemon juice in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, add apples, water, spices, and coconut sugar. Cover and simmer until apples are soft.
- Mix arrowroot powder with water, add to the skillet, increase heat to medium, and stir until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- For the caramel sauce, combine almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut milk in a small pot. Stir on low heat until thickened.
- Warm almond flour tortillas briefly in the microwave, then place a heaping tablespoon of apple filling on each tortilla. Roll tightly, brush with melted butter, and coat in a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Air fry at 350°F for 8 minutes until crispy. Cool slightly, then serve with caramel sauce and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
Indulge in these Apple Pie Taquitos, a delightful concoction that brings a crispy, comforting, and utterly delicious twist to the classic dessert, complete with a homemade caramel sauce that ties everything together beautifully. Enjoy!