Unleash the magic of homemade Butter Shortbread Cookies, the easiest and most delightful treat you can whip up in no time. This recipe is foolproof, yielding 40 petite cookies that are the epitome of buttery goodness and delicate texture. Depending on the size you prefer, you might end up with more or fewer cookies, but each will be a testament to the simple pleasure of homemade baking.
Why You’ll Love This: These cookies are a pure joy to make and even more to eat. With their light, crumbly texture and rich, buttery flavor enhanced by a hint of vanilla, they are perfect for any occasion or simply when you crave a sweet, comforting snack. The simplicity of the ingredients and the method means you can have these cookies ready in no time, with a taste and texture that far surpass store-bought varieties.
Perfect Occasion: Buttery Shortbread Cookies are versatile for any event, be it a casual tea time, a festive gathering, or as a thoughtful homemade gift. Their elegance and simplicity make them suitable for any setting, offering a touch of homemade warmth and deliciousness that’s always welcome.
Decoration Tips: These cookies are beautiful in their simplicity, but if you wish to add a decorative touch, consider a light dusting of powdered sugar, a drizzle of melted chocolate, or even a dollop of your favorite jam on top. The key is to enhance their natural buttery flavor without overwhelming it.
- 180g of soft, creamy butter
- 100g of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 230g of all-purpose flour
- Prepare a baking sheet by greasing and flouring it or by lining it with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Chill the prepared sheet in the refrigerator.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg until well incorporated.
- Sift the flour and gently fold it into the mixture with a spatula, being careful not to overmix. The less you work the flour, the softer and more delightful the cookies will be.
- Transfer the dough into a piping bag fitted with an open star tip (such as #28).
- Pipe the cookies onto the chilled baking sheet. Refrigerate or freeze the shaped cookies until firm; this crucial step ensures they maintain their shape during baking.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Bake the cookies for about 7 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid overbaking; they should be soft when removed from the oven and will firm up as they cool. Exercise patience for the best results.
Indulge in these Butter Shortbread Cookies, a testament to the beauty of baking with simple ingredients. Each bite offers a blissful escape to a world of delicate texture and rich, buttery flavor. Enjoy the making as much as the tasting!