Indulge in the rich and creamy flavors of this Venezuelan Sweet Ice Pop Delight, a cherished recipe that brings together the smoothness of condensed and evaporated milk with the lightness of meringue and a hint of lemon zest. With just a few ingredients, you can create a dessert that’s both simple to make and incredibly satisfying, capturing the essence of Venezuelan culinary tradition in every bite.
Why You’ll Love This:
This dessert is the epitome of creamy indulgence balanced with the fluffy sweetness of homemade meringue. It’s a testament to how simple ingredients can create an extraordinary dessert. Whether you’re a fan of ice cream or traditional Venezuelan treats, this recipe offers the best of both worlds with its rich base and airy topping.
This Sweet Ice Pop Delight is perfect for hot summer days, family gatherings, or any occasion that calls for a refreshing and decadent dessert. It’s also a great way to introduce friends to Venezuelan cuisine in a fun and delicious way.
To make this dessert even more enticing, top it with a generous amount of meringue and sprinkle with freshly grated lemon zest for a burst of citrusy aroma and flavor. The contrast of the white meringue against the creamy base will make your dessert not only delicious but also visually appealing.
For the Sweet Ice Pop Base:
- 4 egg yolks
- Vanilla extract, to taste
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 can of evaporated milk
For the Meringue:
- 4 egg whites
- 200g of sugar
- Lemon zest
- In a mixing bowl, whisk 4 egg yolks until creamy. Stir in vanilla extract to taste, then add one can each of evaporated and condensed milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a deep saucepan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to prevent burning.
- Once at room temperature, transfer the mixture into a container and freeze until set.
- For the meringue, combine 4 egg whites and 200g of sugar in a bowl. Place over a double boiler, stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and beat at medium speed for 10-15 minutes, or until stable peaks form.
- Decorate the frozen sweet ice pop with meringue and sprinkle with lemon zest.
Remember to keep it frozen until ready to serve and enjoy this delightful fusion of flavors that’s sure to impress!