Embrace the comforting warmth of this Dulce de Leche Bread Pudding, a recipe that transforms simple ingredients into a dessert that’s both humble and luxurious. This version of the classic bread pudding incorporates the rich sweetness of dulce de leche, offering a delightful twist on a traditional favorite. You’re invited to customize it with raisins, chocolate chips, or whatever your heart desires, making it a versatile dish that caters to all tastes.
Why You’ll Love This: The magic of this bread pudding lies in its texture and flavor—a soft, custardy interior under a caramelized top, all infused with the enchanting flavors of citrus zest and vanilla. The addition of dulce de leche elevates it from a simple dessert to an indulgent treat, perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. It’s a testament to the power of simple ingredients coming together to create something truly special.
Perfect Occasion: This Dulce de Leche Bread Pudding is perfect for any occasion, from a cozy family dinner to a festive gathering. It’s a comforting dessert that brings warmth and sweetness to any meal, making it ideal for holidays, celebrations, or just a quiet evening at home.
Decoration Tips: Serve this bread pudding with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream to add an extra layer of indulgence. A drizzle of dulce de leche on top, along with a sprinkle of cinnamon or citrus zest, can enhance its appearance and flavor, making it even more irresistible.
- 1/2 kilo of bread (any type)
- 1.5 liters of milk
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon or orange
- 5 eggs
- 300g of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 200ml of heavy cream
For the Caramel:
- 200g of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey (for flavor and to prevent crystallization)
- 1/2 cup of water
- Soak the bread in 1 liter of milk and the citrus zest until soft. Break it apart with your hands. Add the remaining milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Blend well with an immersion blender.
- For the caramel, cook sugar and honey on low heat until amber-colored, then carefully stir in water. Coat the bottom and sides of your baking dish with caramel and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F).
- Pour the bread mixture into the caramel-lined dish. Bake in a water bath (place the dish in a larger one filled with hot water) at 170°C for 70 minutes, ensuring there’s always water in the larger dish.
- Cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before demolding. To demold, briefly dip the mold in boiling water to loosen the caramel, then invert onto a plate.
Indulge in the rich, custardy goodness of this Dulce de Leche Bread Pudding, a dessert that’s sure to warm hearts and delight palates with every spoonful.