Presenting a cherished recipe for Quince Jam Thumbprint Cookies, a delightful treat that pairs the tender, buttery texture of homemade cookies with the sweet tanginess of quince jam. This recipe, perfect for making 20 cookies, is versatile enough to accommodate any jam of your preference, though quince holds a special place in the heart of this creation. Each bite offers a perfect balance of flavors, making these cookies a must-try for jam and pastry lovers alike.
Why You’ll Love This: The unique combination of fine cake flour and cornstarch ensures a melt-in-your-mouth texture, while the addition of a hint of honey and vanilla enhances the overall flavor profile. The quince jam, with its distinct taste, adds a delightful contrast to the sweetness of the cookie, creating a harmonious blend that’s both satisfying and sophisticated.
Perfect Occasion: These Quince Jam Thumbprint Cookies are ideal for any gathering, from casual tea times to festive celebrations. They’re also wonderful as homemade gifts, offering a personal touch that store-bought cookies simply cannot match. Whether enjoyed alongside a cup of tea or as a sweet treat on their own, these cookies are sure to delight.
Decoration Tips: For an extra touch of elegance, dust the cookies with powdered sugar after they have cooled. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also drizzle them with a simple glaze or melted chocolate. To make them even more visually appealing, consider using different jams for a variety of colors.
- 160g fine cake flour
- 80g cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 130g soft butter
- 120g powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g quince jam (or jam of your choice)
- Creaming: Using an electric mixer, cream together the soft butter and powdered sugar. Add the egg yolk and whole egg, beating until creamy. Mix in the honey and vanilla extract.
- Dry Ingredients: Sift together the cake flour, cornstarch, and baking powder. Gently fold these into the wet mixture with a spatula, being careful not to overwork the dough.
- Chilling: Cover and refrigerate the dough for one hour.
- Shaping: Form the dough into 20g balls. Place them on a greased and floured baking sheet, allowing room for expansion.
- Filling: Melt the quince jam with a little water to achieve a smooth consistency. Create a well in the center of each dough ball with your thumb. Fill the wells with the cooled jam using a piping bag.
- Baking: Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F). Bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until lightly golden. They will firm up as they cool.
Enjoy these Quince Jam Thumbprint Cookies, a treat that promises a delightful blend of textures and flavors, perfect for sharing or savoring in a quiet moment of indulgence.