Chocotorta is a beloved Argentine dessert that has delighted generations with its simple yet irresistible combination of chocolate cookies, dulce de leche, and cream cheese. This version incorporates gelatin for added stability, making it not only delicious but also stunning in presentation. Infused with coffee and optionally enhanced with almond essence or almond liqueur, each layer of this no-bake dessert melds perfectly to create a rich, creamy, and chocolatey experience that’s hard to beat.
Why You’ll Love This: This Chocotorta recipe is foolproof, offering a perfect balance of flavors and textures. The addition of coffee accentuates the chocolatey richness of the cookies, while the gelatin ensures the dessert holds its shape beautifully for a more elegant presentation. Whether you’re a longtime fan or new to this Argentine classic, this Chocotorta promises to become a favorite for its creamy texture and decadent taste.
Perfect Occasion: Chocotorta is ideal for celebrations, family gatherings, or as a special treat to enjoy any day of the week. It’s a versatile dessert that can be dressed up for special occasions or made as a comforting treat for a cozy night in. Since it requires no baking, it’s also a fantastic option for those hot summer days when you crave something sweet without turning on the oven.
- 2 packages (250g each) of chocolate cookies (e.g., Chocolinas)
- 12.3 oz (350g) baker’s dulce de leche
- 9.8 oz (280g) cream cheese
- 7g unflavored gelatin
- 7 tablespoons water
- 1 cup freshly made coffee (almond essence or almond liqueur optional)
- 3.5 oz (100g) cream cheese
- 3.5 oz (100g) dulce de leche
- 2 chocolate cookies, for garnish
- Mix dulce de leche and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Dissolve gelatin in water, let it become pasty, then microwave for 20 seconds until liquid and clear. Combine with the dulce de leche mixture.
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap. Dip cookies in coffee and layer them in the pan, followed by a layer of the dulce de leche mixture. Repeat, finishing with a layer of mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- For decoration, mix 100g each of cream cheese and dulce de leche, pipe onto the dessert, and garnish with grated chocolate cookies.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. For clean cuts, freeze for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Adjust the coffee flavor to taste, and consider adding almond essence or liqueur for an extra flavor dimension.
- Ensure the chocotorta is well-chilled before serving to allow the layers to set perfectly.
Indulge in the creamy, chocolatey goodness of this Chocotorta, a dessert that offers a delightful blend of textures and flavors sure to please any sweet tooth. Enjoy!