Embrace the art of French baking with this Classic French Brioche recipe, a soft, buttery bread that melts in your mouth. This recipe captures the essence of traditional French brioche, with its rich, tender crumb and delicate flavor. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or new to the world of bread making, this brioche is sure to impress with its beautiful golden crust and fluffy interior.
Why You’ll Love This: Brioche is beloved for its versatility and luxurious texture. This recipe is no exception, offering a perfect balance of sweetness and buttery richness. The inclusion of vanilla sugar adds a subtle aromatic depth, making each slice a delightful experience. Ideal for breakfast, brunch, or as a snack, this brioche pairs wonderfully with your favorite jams, spreads, or simply on its own.
Perfect Occasion: This Classic French Brioche is a wonderful addition to any table, be it a special weekend breakfast, a holiday brunch, or as a comforting treat to enjoy any day of the week. It’s also a thoughtful homemade gift for friends and family, showcasing your baking skills and the timeless appeal of French cuisine.
- Brush the brioche with egg wash before baking to achieve a shiny, golden crust.
- Sprinkle pearl sugar or sliced almonds on top before baking for a decorative and tasty finish.
- Serve slices of brioche lightly toasted with a dollop of fresh cream or fruit compote for an extra special touch.
- 500g all-purpose flour (T45)
- 8g dry yeast
- 200ml warm milk
- Vanilla sugar (optional)
- 3g salt
- 80g butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 60g sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, layer the ingredients starting with flour, sugar, and salt on one side, and yeast, eggs, and warm milk on the other.
- Mix at a low speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the soft butter and knead at medium speed for 5 minutes, then increase to high speed for another 5 minutes, until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl (it will remain slightly sticky).
- Allow the dough to rise at room temperature for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Divide the dough into three equal parts, roll each into a long rope, and braid them together.
- Let the braid rise for an additional 45 minutes.
- Brush with a mixture of egg yolk and a tablespoon of milk.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F) shortly before the end of the rise time, then lower to 170°C (338°F) and bake for 35 minutes. Keep an eye on it, as oven temperatures vary.
- Remove from the oven, unmold, and cool on a wire rack.
Enjoy this Classic French Brioche, a testament to the simple pleasures of baking, offering a slice of French culinary tradition right in your kitchen. Bon appétit!