Embrace the essence of a comforting dessert transformed into a nourishing breakfast with this Wholesome Carrot Cake Baked Oats recipe. This dish captures the warm, spiced flavors of carrot cake, combined with the healthful goodness of sprouted rolled oats and protein-packed ingredients, all crowned with a luscious cheesecake topping. Whether you’re fueling up for the day or seeking a satisfying snack, this baked oats recipe offers a perfect balance of sweet indulgence and wholesome nutrition, making every bite a guilt-free pleasure.
Why You’ll Love This:
This recipe is a delightful twist on traditional baked oats, incorporating the flavors of carrot cake with the added benefits of protein and fiber. The mashed bananas provide natural sweetness, while the spices and vanilla add depth to the flavor profile. The creamy cheesecake topping, made from whipped cottage cheese or Greek yogurt, adds a rich, velvety layer that complements the hearty texture of the oats. It’s a versatile recipe that can be enjoyed warm or cold, perfect for busy mornings or as a comforting snack.
Ideal for a leisurely weekend breakfast, a pre- or post-workout snack, or a healthy dessert option, these carrot cake baked oats are versatile enough for any occasion. They’re also a fantastic choice for meal prep, as the bars can be stored and enjoyed throughout the week. Present this dish at brunch gatherings or special breakfasts to impress your guests with a creative, health-conscious treat that doesn’t compromise on flavor or satisfaction.
For an extra touch of elegance, garnish the creamy cheesecake topping with crushed walnuts, a sprinkle of cinnamon, or a drizzle of maple syrup. The contrast of textures and flavors not only enhances the visual appeal but also elevates the overall tasting experience. Serve the baked oats on a beautiful platter or individual plates with a side of fresh fruit for a complete and colorful meal.
- Ingredients for the Baked Oats:
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1.5 cups organic, preferably sprouted, rolled oats
- 2 scoops (about 1/2 cup) of vanilla-flavored protein powder
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste
- 1.5 cups unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup finely grated carrots
- Ingredients for the Cheesecake Topping:
- 1 cup 2% small curd cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly oil the sides of a baking dish.
- In the baking dish, mash the bananas thoroughly. Add the oats, protein powder, baking powder, flaxseed, spices, vanilla extract, maple syrup, milk, and grated carrots directly to the mashed bananas, stirring until well combined.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center is set and not wet.
- Allow the baked oats to cool for 15-20 minutes. For a firmer texture, place in the freezer for 10 minutes before adding the topping.
- For the cheesecake topping, blend the cottage cheese, honey, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread the whipped cottage cheese mixture over the cooled baked oats and sprinkle with crushed walnuts.
- Cut into 6 or 8 portions and serve.
Enjoy this heartwarming and healthful Wholesome Carrot Cake Baked Oats with Creamy Cheesecake Topping, where every slice offers a taste of indulgence alongside the benefits of whole grains, protein, and veggies.