These No-Bake Coconut Cakes offer a delightful blend of creamy white chocolate and mascarpone filling, sandwiched between crispy cookies, and rolled in shredded coconut. Topped with a dollop of the same luscious cream and garnished with fresh strawberries, these cakes are not only delicious but also visually appealing. This recipe is perfect for those who love a rich, creamy dessert with the exotic taste of coconut and the sweetness of white chocolate.
Why You’ll Love This: The combination of white chocolate and mascarpone creates a cream that is both rich in flavor and light in texture, providing the perfect filling for the crispy cookies. The no-bake aspect of these cakes makes them an ideal treat for any time of year, especially during warmer months when you want to avoid using the oven. The addition of fresh strawberries not only adds a pop of color but also a fresh, fruity contrast to the sweetness of the cakes.
Perfect Occasion: These No-Bake Coconut Cakes are versatile enough for any occasion, from afternoon tea to elegant dessert courses at dinner parties. They’re also great for holiday gatherings, where they can be made in advance and presented beautifully to your guests. Plus, their individual serving size makes them convenient for portion control and serving.
For the White Chocolate Cream:
- 150g white chocolate
- 50ml heavy cream (unwhipped)
For the Filling:
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 8g stabilizer for whipping cream (klopfix)
- 8g vanilla sugar
- 20g powdered sugar
- 250ml heavy cream (unwhipped)
- Round cookies (such as Verkade)
- Milk (optional, for dipping cookies)
- Shredded coconut
- Prepare the White Chocolate Cream: Warm the heavy cream until just before boiling. Add chopped white chocolate, let sit for 1 minute, then stir until smooth. Cool the mixture.
- Make the Filling: In a deep bowl, combine mascarpone, stabilizer, vanilla sugar, and powdered sugar. Mix briefly. Gradually add the unwhipped heavy cream while mixing until the mixture is firm. Transfer to a piping bag with a nozzle.
- Assemble the Cakes: Briefly dip cookies in milk (if using). Place one cookie on your work surface, pipe a dollop of cream, and top with another cookie. Press gently.
- Coat: Evenly spread cream around the edges of the cookies. Roll the cakes in shredded coconut until well coated. Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Garnish: Place each cake on a paper liner, pipe a small dollop of cream on top, and garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Ensure the heavy cream is cold for a firmer result.
- Mix the cream and mascarpone until stiff peaks form, adding the cream slowly.
- Substitute vanilla sugar with vanilla extract for a more intense flavor.
- Optionally, dip cookies in milk for added moisture.
- Let the coconut cakes set in the fridge to firm up, enhancing flavors and texture.
- Mascarpone can be replaced with stiff cream cheese for a similar result.
Enjoy these exquisite No-Bake Coconut Cakes, a perfect blend of creamy, crunchy, and fruity, sure to delight any dessert lover.