Discover the Creamy Butchy Brioche, a revolutionary take on the classic French brioche that swaps traditional butter for thick cream, resulting in a bread that’s unbelievably tender, fluffy, and full of flavor. This brioche is a testament to the magic of baking, where a simple tweak in ingredients can lead to an extraordinary outcome. Its soft, stringy texture and subtly sweet taste make it a crowd-pleaser. Whether you’re a novice baker or a seasoned pro, this recipe promises an enjoyable baking experience with deliciously rewarding results.
Why You’ll Love This: The Creamy Butchy Brioche is perfect for those who love to indulge in the lighter, softer side of bread. Its unique use of thick cream instead of butter not only makes it a healthier option but also enhances its moistness and flavor. This brioche is incredibly versatile, great for breakfast, as a snack, or even as part of a decadent dessert. The process of making it, from the satisfying kneading of the dough to the delightful aroma that fills your kitchen, is sure to bring joy to your baking adventures.
Perfect Occasion: This brioche is ideal for special breakfasts, brunches, or tea-time treats. Serve it at family gatherings, holiday feasts, or simply as a weekend baking project to share with loved ones. Its elegant appearance and exquisite taste make it suitable for any celebration or to elevate everyday moments into something truly special.
Decoration Tips: For an extra touch of elegance, brush the top of the brioche with a mixture of egg yolk and milk before baking to achieve a golden, glossy finish. Sprinkling a little sugar or sliced almonds on top can add a delightful crunch. Once baked and slightly cooled, dusting with powdered sugar or serving alongside fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream can turn this brioche into an irresistible dessert.
- 500 grams of all-purpose flour
- 15 grams of fresh baker’s yeast
- 200 ml of thick cream
- 60 grams of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 90 ml of milk
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt
- Start by dissolving the crumbled yeast in the milk in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add the flour, eggs, sugar, salt, and cream to the yeast mixture.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic, then cover the bowl with a damp cloth.
- Allow the dough to rise for 1.5 hours in a warm place until it doubles in size.
- Punch down the dough to release any air bubbles, then divide it into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball and place them in a baking dish, spacing them well apart.
- Cover the dish and let the dough rise again for 1 to 1.5 hours until the balls puff up.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300°F (150°C) for about 30 minutes, or until the brioche turns golden brown on top.
Enjoy crafting this Creamy Butchy Brioche and savor the delightful taste and texture of this no-butter masterpiece. Happy baking!